Re: [Vala] async method and delegate

Regarding copying delegates, it is intentional.  The Vala Journal has a nice
write-up about ways to work around the problem:

http://valajournal.blogspot.com/2011/06/vala-0130-released.html

-- Jim

On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 9:20 PM, Nor Jaidi Tuah <norjaidi tuah ubd edu bn>wrote:

valac version: 0.13.0

When an async method accepts a delegate as its
argument, I get the warning "copying delegates is discouraged".
Is this intended?

I also get segmentation fault trying to pass
a closure accessing local variables. The closure
works if it doesn't access local vars.

e.g.,
 var f = etc;
 async_func ( () => { fn (f);} );

will crash trying to access f. Apparently
the closure isn't properly constructed.

Is this a known bug? Any simple workaround?

hand
Nor Jaidi Tuah