Re: [Vala] Does Vala have a command-line documentation tool like pydoc or godoc ? (Not a HTML doc generator like valadoc)

Hi,

On Wed, 2011-06-08 at 10:37 +0200, Serge Hulne wrote:
Does Vala have a command-line documentation tool like pydoc or godoc ?
which could instantly list all the methods associated with a given
class or module ?

I'm not aware of such a tool, but I usually open the vapi and search
through it with my text editor.

On a side note if you open the glib vapi
(/usr/share/vala-0.12/vapi/glib-2.0.vapi) and see how read_line is
implemented, you will immediately realize why your vala version of wc
was so slow ;)

(I am not talking about HTML doc generators like Javadoc, Valadoc etc ...)

Alternatively, is there an autocomplete plugin for Vim or Emacs.

Not that I'm aware, but you can try to use ctags:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/vala-list/2011-February/msg00094.html

Thanks !

Serge.

Regards,