Re: [Vala] Static local variable

in short: 'static' in vala have different meaning than in C.

If you want to do this use a field from the container object of the given class.

In order to do this (C-like static) we should define a new keyword like 'permanent', but it just make things look wrong. And it's out of the design principles of Vala.