Re: [Vala] Further speculations on couroutines, generators and threads : Emulating Go's goroutines and channels in Vala

I've been following this thread with interest.   I also find the
documentation about async methods in vala to be a little thin.  For
example, in the tutorial, the first line of description says:

        "With asynchronous methods it is possible to do programming without
        any blocking."

The following examples in the tutorial  are much more enlightening...so
it's not that bad.   But, maybe it could be improved.

I always thought async methods:
        a) are always single threaded
        b) uses the glib runtime scheduler to simulate
                multi-processes
        c) cannot take advantage of multi-core or multi-processor
                computers

Is that correct?

Also, are there any plans to ease multi-core development in Vala?

thanks, best -august.

Actually, this is Luca's code (the coroutine-based generator).

(I am the guilty party to blame for the naive idea to try to add threads to
it : I had the Goroutine/channel concept of Go in mind and was trying to
emulate it by attempting to combine Luca's generator with threads).

:)

Serge.