Re: [Vala] dova and glib

Hi,

Hi guys! I really respect you'r effort for the Vala.

I have a question about Dova and it's future. At this moment Dova is in the
experimental state and incompatible with glib. Is there any real compelling
reason that makes dova incompatible with glib?

If we could base a program on dova but still have access to the very rich
set of glib based libraries it opens door for the dova in real applications.
Also it will be great if can build a library with one source code that can
be compiled with dova and glib profile without a changes. May be some set of
defines could help.

Again some words from the user of a language/object system, not a
developer of them: I think that main problem here is that Dova objects
are not compatible with gobject objects. If you get a code in Vala that
is describing a class, some things will be generated differently for
dova and for glib, for example maybe signals, interfaces, whole type
system. So if we could make Vala know what objects come from which
system, Vala could generate a good code (eg. creating a glib object from
a method belonging to a dova class). Maybe use some attributes?

On the other hand, maybe total separation of these domains is something
good - you just don't have a mess of dependencies and code is cleaner.
And wanting to interact with objects from another system, if it's
really needed, you could write (or better: generate) some bindings?

best regards,

Any ideas?

Best regards,
Magomed Abdurakhmanov

--
Mój klucz publiczny o identyfikatorze 1024D/E12C5A4C znajduje się na
serwerze hkp://keys.gnupg.net

My public key with signature 1024D/E12C5A4C is on the server
hkp://keys.gnupg.net