Re: [Vala] FOSDEM Talk: Vala? Are you kidding me??

The following aren't horrible to deal with, but if someone pointed these things
out in big red letters,
I probably would have been more aware of them.

Pitfalls I've encountered:

- Can't use foreach to iterate over a two dimensional jagged array, and you
don't discover this until runtime.
The encouraged solution seemed to be "don't do this".

- Need to use two levels of indirection when debugging object members in gdb
(this->priv->blah)

- Organizing my sources to build with automake usually involved me having them
all in
the same folder. I've seen other projects separate related sources into
different folders (the
gnome-do alternative, Synapse, does this), but I'm not good enough at automake
to copy what
they did.

- Name mangling means some names unintentionally mangle to the same string (the
source of
the complaint in the "vala code generation too constrained" thread)