Re: [Vala] GObject allocation / referencing... Why is so slow?

No more comments on what you said below, I agree, maybe with an
exception to the garbage collector thing - I made all possible
references in my master's degree work program unowned, so that the
bookkeeping should be reduced to minimum, and I gained 5% of
performance. Well, I don't know if any garbage collector can beat such
small overhead of refcounting compared to (almost) manual memory
management...

But to be honest (it just came to my mind) all my classes were not
inheriting GLib.Object, and whole program was compiled with -flto gcc
option - so probably all ref/unref functions were inlined.

best regards,
AW.

--
Mój klucz publiczny o identyfikatorze 1024D/E12C5A4C znajduje się na
serwerze hkp://keys.gnupg.net

My public key with signature 1024D/E12C5A4C is on the server
hkp://keys.gnupg.net