Re: [Vala] vala code generation too constrained?

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, but I think you're talking about something already done: dova. Right?

On 10/01/11 05:03, Nor Jaidi Tuah wrote:
Dear all,

Some of the big gotchas in vala is due to the
desire to produce a standardized C code that can
interface nicely with non-vala module. I suspect
this constrain also makes it difficult to implement
some features.

Old timers familiar with C will find the gotchas
natural and can live with it. But I wonder what
the java-educated mass will think when they encounter
vala idiosyncrasies.

Since not all vala code are intended for libraries
accessible from non-vala, I suggest that the compiler
should be given more freedom with the name mangling
and so on, so that its behaviour is gotcha-free.
A compiler flag can be added to revert back to the
human-friendly C generation.

Vala is great already. But I wish it to be even
greater.

Nice day
Nor Jaidi Tuah