Re: [Vala] vala-gen-introspect struct vs. object

How does vala-gen-introspect differentiate between a basic struct and
an object? I am trying to generate a Vala API file for an object, but
vala-gen-introspect is classifying it as a struct:

<struct name="DMAPGstInputStream">
      <method name="new" symbol="dmap_gst_input_stream_new">
              <return-type type="GInputStream*"/>
              <parameters>
                      <parameter name="transcode_mimetype" type="gchar*"/>
                      <parameter name="src_stream" type="GInputStream*"/>
              </parameters>
      </method>
      <method name="new_buffer_cb" symbol="dmap_gst_input_stream_new_buffer_cb">
              <return-type type="void"/>
              <parameters>
                      <parameter name="element" type="GstElement*"/>
                      <parameter name="stream" type="DMAPGstInputStream*"/>
              </parameters>
      </method>
      <field name="parent" type="GInputStream"/>
      <field name="priv" type="DMAPGstInputStreamPrivate*"/>
</struct>

The object works fine in C, but I suspect I am naming something in a
non-standard way and this is confusing vala-gen-introspect. I just can't
figure out what.

I was including the incorrect version of the library in
libdmapsharing-3.0.files. I had updated the include file line but not
the library line. So, there was no definition of
dmap_gst_input_stream_get_type(), I think. Once I updated this file,
everything worked fine.

--
Mike

:wq