Re: [Vala] Notify, weird problem...

I came across this, too.
This is due to a API change in libnotify (that is what Juerg Billeter
said).
Workaround:
use the --vapidir=DIRECTORY option when compiling and let DIRECTORY
contain the vala-0.10.x version of libnotify.vapi.

Best Regards

Hello,

While I have using the 0.10 version of Vala, whiout problems I could compile
this:

Notify.Notification Advert = new Notify.Notification("Some Text","The
text",MyIcon,null);

But today I have compile and update from the GIT the last version of Vala
and I getting this error:
error: 1 extra arguments for `void Notify.Notification.new (string summary,
string? body, string? icon)'

But If i try with:
Notify.Notification Advert = new Notify.Notification("Some Text","The
text",MyIcon);

I get:
error: too few arguments to function ‘notify_notification_new’

In the first case, the error output it is from [valac] (.vala file)
But in the second one, the error comes from C compiler. (.c file)

It must be a difference between the .VAPI file and the C header.

¿I must go back to 0.10?

Thanks.

P.D.: I also have had troubles with [.output_stream.write] but in this case
changing the number of parameters compile but it doesn't work well.