Re: [Vala] A few newbie's questions

Regarding question 1:
==================

Check the next source code:
https://github.com/tigrux/gst-plugin-omap4videodecbin/blob/master/gst/gstomap4videodecbin.vala

There you can see a line like these:
public const Gst.PluginDesc gst_plugin_desc = {
}

That's what you are missing in your gstreamer plugin.

Regarding question 2:

Use the method FileStream.gets which corresponds to fgets.
public unowned string FileStream.gets (char[] s);

From the man page of fgets:
       gets() reads a line from stdin into the buffer pointed to  by  s  until
       either  a  terminating newline or EOF, which it replaces with '\0'.  No
       check for buffer overrun is performed (see BUGS below).

- Sandino