[Vala] 'typedef'-like use of [SimpleType] with basic types is buggy?

The Vala Tutorial says:

  Defining new Type from other

  Defining a new type is a matter of derive it from the one you need.
  Here are some examples:

  /* defining an alias for a basic type (equivalent to typedef int Integer in C)*/
  [SimpleType]
  public struct Integer : uint {
  }

but when I try this, I get code that references undefined integer_dup()
and integer_free() operations.

Is this a bug in the valac code generation, or in the tutorial?

Attached is the vala source and generated C code for a test case.
It's also a bit worrisome that the C output uses both 'int32_t' and
'gint32' for the Integer type, depending on how it's used.

-m