Re: [Vala] How to create bindings from arbitrary C code which does not use GObject ?

While the 'extern' way is a quick and pragmatic way to integrate
arbitrary C code, I'd avise against it for larger libraries. A central
idea of the .vapi design is to allow bindings that match the language
spirit (i.e. by utilizing objects, delegates, closures, asynchronity,
etc.) and do not feel flanged.

Personally, I have created .vapi files for a bunch of non-gobject C
libraries in the past (i.e. linux, libnl*, efl, pulseaudio, and more) by
the means of search-and-replace based on the header file.

That said, I'd welcome an extension to vapigen that performs these tasks
automatically. Of course, you will have to adjust manually, but even
gobject-based libraries often have to be manually improved.

Cheers,

--
:M: