Re: [Vala] Can adding new virtual method break ABI?

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 12:01 PM, Jürg Billeter <j bitron ch> wrote:

On Sun, 2011-12-11 at 11:34 +0100, Luca Bruno wrote:
2011/12/11 Tal Hadad <tal_hd hotmail com>

This idea is based on the assumption that the size of XClass struct
doesn't matter and can be changed(Am I right?).
Also, how does the virtual method order is currently done by Vala? Is
it
alphabetic or by the order of the decelerations?

The ordering does not matter, the padding does.

Ordering matters as well. Vala uses declaration order.

We're talking about virtual methods, aren't we? There's no ABI break if the
order of N pointers is exchanged.

--
www.debian.org - The Universal Operating System