[Vala] debug info

Hi,

I'm new to vala development and trying to setup Nemiver to debug my vala
programs. I'm using monodevelop to edit and build the clutter-demo example
from the vala web page. I am passing the compiler the --pkg clutter-1.0 -g
--save-temps options. I have the clutter-debuginfo package installed (I'm
on Fedora 16). The program runs fine from within monodevelop.

When running the executable from Nemiver I can view certain local variables
such as the integer loop counter in the code below, but I can't see a value
for clutter objects properties such as the r.width value. Although the "r"
is listed in the context tab as type pointer to clutterRectangle, there is
no + sign next to it to expand and look at the width property. Similarly,
when I highlight r.width in the code and right click and choose inspect
variable, I don'g get any information.

Forgive my ignorance but does anyone know what I have to do in order to
make this work?

[code snippet]

private void create_rectangles () {
        for (int i = 0; i < colors.length; i++) {     // Nemiver shows the
value of int i correctly
              var r = new Rectangle ();

              r.width = r.height = stage.height / colors.length;  // can't
get a value for r.width
              r.color = Color.from_string (colors[i]);
              r.anchor_gravity = Gravity.CENTER;    // *********** My Break
Point is set here in Nemiver
              r.y = i * r.height + r.height / 2;

              stage.add_actor (r);