Re: [Vala] Web framework in Vala

On 12/08/2011 12:02 AM, Daniel Espinosa wrote:

May you want to use GDA[1] as your Database driver holder and use some
futures I'm developing in Vala for it. GDA and my resent additions in
libgda-vala branch, have full GIR/Typelib and Vala bindings to get
access from any language supporting GObject Introspction.

Sure! GDA was considered as primary SQL adapter for Valum.

I want to create a GObject DataBase persistence framework and get some
functionalists equivalent to Python's Django framework. I plant to use
metadata information from database adquired by GDA to "navigate"
between  objects with references and get others that depends on it,
like Django does, with the advantage to have Vala/C/GObject library
available to different languages.

Really great idea. I came from Ruby on Rails world and some ORM is
really must have for Valum. I know it will be hard implement every
feature that implemented in dynamic languages as Python and Ruby...
But anyway something less raw than connection needed here.

I also plan to develop a small cash management application using Vala

Ony my small opinion, but GNUCash is awesome :) I use it and it has a
lot of wisdom and knows about almost every edge case. Also it has very
good documentation and manuals about personal finance management.

Unfortanutley they do not use libgda but libgdi.

[1] http://www.gnome-db.org/

Thanks for the link, Daniel. I will look there next time i'll hack on
Valium.