Re: [Vala] Vala completion support for vim

Hi

On Tue, 2011-08-30 at 09:29 -0700, Damien Radtke wrote:

This program ends with ** Message: symbolresolver.vala:54: file
program.vala - can't resolve using directive: Afrodite. I'm assuming
this means that I would have to add libafrodite-0.12.vapi to the
engine manually, but it's installed in the right place, so I shouldn't
have to.

No you have to add the vapi to the engine. Afrodite just parse and build
the codedom it doesn't know anything about the project structure.

In vala-toys another library, vbf (vala build framework), is used to
parse the project structure.

Anyway when you have the vapi file name, you can use the
Afrodite.Utils.get_package_paths to get real full path and the vapi
dependecies.

If I comment out everything between the creation of the engine and
"return 0", then it again exits with a segfault.

I think that is a bug in the completionengine object desctructor.

I'd be happy to help contribute to afrodite, but it might take me a
while to learn how it works and where it needs improvements. Any help
or links to good resources would be great.

I'm sorry but there isn't such documentation ;) All we have is the
afrodite source code and vala compiler source code.

So feel free to ask, you can also find me on the vala irc channel I'm
sejerpz.

Thanks again,
~Damien

Ciao,