Re: [Vala] array size determining? how to

On 09/18/2010 03:05 PM, Evan Nemerson wrote:
On Sat, 2010-09-18 at 14:09 -0700, Charles Hixson wrote:
When an array is passed back from a library routine, say string split,
how does one determine the number of elements?
Arrays have a length member which will generally give you what you want.
For example:

var arr = "one,two,three".split (",");
GLib.debug ("Elements: %d", arr.length);

There is some good information in the Arrays section of the tutorial:
http://live.gnome.org/Vala/Tutorial#Arrays

-Evan
Thanks. Is there some place I should write to suggest that this be added to the tutorial? I'd also like to suggest that when strings are discussed there be included a link to http://www.valadoc.org/glib-2.0/string.html, and other things arise from time to time.