[Vala] No signals in GDBus

Hello
I've got an issue connecting dbus signals with GDBus.

In this mail I send an example showing the problem with two programs
'client.vala' and 'server.vala'.
These two shall run at the same time and the server is sending signals
every few seconds, while the client connects to these.

Funny thing is while it is perfectly possible to read properties and
call functions from the client, I cannot catch signals from the server
there. Also the notify from the changed property is lost somewhere (but
I'm not sure if notify is working at all via dbus).

The signals that are sent from the server every few seconds can be
watched in 'dbus-monitor' on another commandline window.

Please give me a hint what I'm doing wrong here. I'm using vala-0.9.8
release.

Regards,
Jörn