Re: [Vala] Vala: Signal from POSIX

On 18 October 2010 09:35, Ervin Orense Balaoro <ierosvin gmail com> wrote:
Hello,

I dont know if this is the right place to ask questions regarding vala. But
anyway, ill post the question here just in case someone has the same
experience i had while working with vala using signal from posix.

Code:

public class Check{
 public int x = 0;

 public open(){
   signal(SIGUSR1, sighandler);
 }
 public void sighandler(int signum) {
   stdout.printf("%d", x++);
 }
}

How do we make our signal handlers access the global variables?
i write a similar code in C, but works okay there.

The callback needed for signal() is a void -> void method, so there is
no way to pass a pointer to your class instance, and so no way for the
callback to invoke the method on the correct instance of the Check
class.

Using a static method and variable should work I assume.

--
Phil Housley