[Vala] Going to FOSDEM 2011?

Hey there,

my name is Friedrich Weber, I'm one of the developers of the ooc language (http://ooc-lang.org), a project in the same spirit as Vala (ie. a source-to-C compiler with object orientation and other niceties).

You may know FOSDEM (http://fosdem.org), an European open source software event taking place in Brussels every year, next time on the 5th and 6th February 2011. Some members of the ooc team, including our main developer, and I thought it would be nice to attend next year, to get to know each other in real life, to hack some code. Well yeah, to have some fun. ;-)

Reading the FOSDEM webpage, we noticed there is a "call for devrooms" going on (http://fosdem.org/2011/call_for_devrooms, deadline on 16th October). Single projects and multiple projects with a common theme can apply for a devroom to organize talks or hacking and brainstorming sessions. We thought it would be cool to have one for ooc, and even cooler if we wouldn't be sitting in there all alone, but to share the devroom with some folks having similar interests (like you! :D). In my opinion, it would be nice to have some inter-project tech-talk and brainstorming with you. :)

So, all in all, we're asking if some of you guys are going to attend FOSDEM, and if yes, would you like to apply for a devroom with us?

Cheers!

Friedrich