Re: [Vala] Fwd: Building a build tool

Plans to support buildj?

http://live.gnome.org/BuilDj

On Mar 14, 2010, at 12:50 AM, Phil Housley <undeconstructed gmail com> wrote:

2010/3/12 "Andrés G. Aragoneses" <knocte gmail com>:

Hey Phil, would this tool cover only vala projects or any other project
which right now uses autotools could be migrated to this?

Recently a new blog post was published on p.g.o announcing yet another build tool [1], I wonder if you can join efforts with that guy (I know
he's proposing python, but given that it's easy to bind vala with
python, and that the former is much faster, I guess he wouldn't have a
problem to re-focus a bit).

Hi Andrés,

Thanks for keeping track of the build tools world a lot better than I
have - I missed this entirely.  Since that first message I posted, I
did actually start this project up, and gave it a home at
https://launchpad.net/realise, but since then I've been mostly
occupied by work stuff, so have been much more Java focussed than
Vala, sadly.

It does look like this project is similar to mine, and indeed I was
planning on making my tool able to build other languages - in my
latest source the Vala parts are almost entirely abstracted out.  I'll
leave a comment on the blog and see what comes of it.

Thanks again,

Phil.

Regards,

       Andrés