Re: [Vala] Binding a C library w/ a message inheritance structure

Hi,

On Thu, 2010-03-04 at 20:26 +0100, Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
1.) Where does Vala take that MSMCOMM_REPLY_GET_FIRMWARE_INFO and how
can I fix the problem? Since all the concrete messages inherit from the
base class I would expect this to be a no-op in C, as we're just
ensuring Vala that we know which message type it is.

These are GObject-style casts with runtime type checking. As you appear
to be binding a non-GObject-based library, you're missing a [Compact]
attribute for the Message class.

2.) Is there a better way to handle C-APIs like that?

I've only taken a quick look but I haven't seen any fundamental issues
in the binding.

Jürg