Re: [Vala] An elegant way to concatenate integers into a string.

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 6:17 AM, Celil <celil kj gmail com> wrote:
I would like to translate the following python code snippet to vala:

       x = [1,2,3]
       print ",".join(map(str, x))

So far I have this:

       int[] x = {1,2,3};
       string[] y = {};
       foreach (var e in x) { y += e.to_string(); }
       stdout.printf(string.joinv(",", y));

Is there a better way to do this? Dose vala support something equivalent
to the python built-in `map` function?

Good question; I went through the Vala docs and couldn't find a nice
way either. Might be worth porting Ruby's Enumberable module to Vala.

martin