Re: [Vala] vala on mac

On 6/23/10 3:24 AM, Abderrahim Kitouni wrote:
I don't have a mac but your error suggests that pkg-config is not
properly installed (if at all). Make sure pkg-config is installed and
look for a file named pkg.m4 (here it is /usr/share/aclocal/pkg.m4 but
I'm using linux). If it's there and you still get the error then
aclocal isn't finding it and you should add its path to ACLOCAL_FLAGS
preceded by -I

I do have pkg-config installed

     $ /usr/local/bin/pkg-config --version
     0.23

and my pkg.m4 is installed under

      /usr/local/share/aclocal/pkg.m4

However, even after setting

     export ACLOCAL_FLAGS="-I /usr/local/share/aclocal"

I still get the same error message.
It should be stable as it should generate portable C code, but again,
I haven't tested it.

I think the problem lies with glib.
Just doing the typical ./configure && make && make install doesn't work on the Mac - at least I haven't been able to manually install it. I am relying on the macports version, and checking the port file they have had to make quite a lot of patches to get it to compile on the mac. I wonder how well tested and stable it really is.

Celil