Re: [Vala] [Announce] xnoise - a media player written in vala

Uh, the dns of my isp was dead. got it :)

On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 18:45:59 +0200
JM <interflug1 gmx net> wrote:

I'm pleased to announce a first release of xnoise, the media player for
your video and music.

xnoise uses gtk+/gstreamer and comes with some nice features among these
are:
* Superfast startup, low memory
* Can play all kind of audio/video data that gstreamer can handle.
* Uses a sqlite db for storing the collections data (very fast access)
* Media sorted by metadata
* Drag'n'Drop
* A slick and compact design that is different from itunes banshee or
rhythmbox
* Search functions
* Single instance (thanks to libunique)
* ...

The plugins set coming with this first release include the following
features:
* Cover downloading from LastFm
* Cover image magnification
* Lyrics fetching
* Monitoring for changes in the media folders
* Notifications
* ...

And, of course, xnoise was written in vala!
More information here:
      http://www.xnoise-media-player.com/
and here
      http://code.google.com/p/xnoise/

After more than 1,5 years, this is our initial public release. All
mentioned feature are available. Althought there may be be a few bugs.
Ubuntu 10.04 and Source packages are available here:

      http://code.google.com/p/xnoise/downloads/list

Jörn Magens