Re: [Vala] New params for [ModuleInit]

Hi,

2010/6/10, JM <interflug1 gmx net>:
Hello everybody
 This valac commit shows that there has been some change with
 [ModuleInit]:
 http://git.gnome.org/browse/vala/commit/?id=5fd7b8cebb983fccdebcd9329671d94c1e5cf826

 The example on http://live.gnome.org/Vala/TypeModules is showing an
 example exactly as I am using it in my application:

 [ModuleInit]
 public Type register_plugin (TypeModule module) {
    // types are registered automatically
    return typeof (MyPlugin);
 }

 Here, valac reports "error: [ModuleInit] requires a parameter of type `GLib.TypeModule'
 public Type init_module() {"

I'm not sure I understand your problem, in the example register_plugin
takes a TypeModule as parameter but from what I see in the error
message, your init_module doesn't take any parameter, and that's what
valac is saying.

 Can someone please tell me what the expected usage of
 [ModuleInit] would be?

a [ModuleInit] function is called by the application when a plugin is
loaded. It should have at least a TypeModule argument so that the
plugin types can be registered dinamically. (It generally returns the
type of the main plugin class for the application to create an
instance, but that's not mandatory : the application can find it out
from e.g. the plugin description file if there is one).

HTH,
Abderrahim