Re: [Vala] Detailed Signals

On Tue, Jun 08, 2010 at 04:23:31AM -0400, Nate Stedman wrote:
On this subject, is it possible to use a detailed name that is not a string
literal? I would like to pass a function an object and a property to set the
handler on, like this:

obj.notify[prop].connect(notify);

When compiling (with 0.9.1):

** (valac:5928): CRITICAL **: vala_string_literal_eval: assertion `self !=
NULL' failed

** (valac:5928): CRITICAL **: vala_code_node_get_source_reference: assertion
`self != NULL' failed
error: internal error: only literal string details supported

Seems pretty clear that what I want to do is not supported by valac. Is
there a workaround for this, or should I write that function in C and make a
vapi for it?

obj.notify[prop] is a static syntax despite [...] are generally used with
expressions. I don't think if it will be supported anytime soon.
You might want to report a bug against it.

--
http://www.debian.org - The Universal Operating System