Re: [Vala] vala autocomplete with monodevelop

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 1:16 AM, Nigel Griffin <ngriffin vuze com> wrote:

Thanks for the input.  I did try valide, but I couldn't find any kind
vala-level source code debugging.  Do you know if valide offers that, and if
so, how do I access it?

Just about every debugger available in linux is based on gdb in some shape
or form. While it is a C debugger,
valac is very clever and uses the #line directives to mark the functions in
the vala sources, not the C sources.

It does require that you pass the "-g"  option to valac when compiling. (-g
enables debuggin symbols in the executable)
Then you can run gdb ./path/to/exec  and it will pring the relevant sources.

Cheers, -Harry