Re: [Vala] libxml2 bindings question Node.child_element_count()

Dru Moore píše v Út 20. 07. 2010 v 16:08 +0100:
Hi all,

Hello,

Is this just a fact of life (I know it's an awkward library
generally), is there an issue with the Fremantle distro for vala
(should the vapi files be brought into line for the platform), or am I
missing something obvious?

The first thing I would be asking is why does Fremantle distribute a
stripped off version of libxml2.
In an ideal world, every C library would maintain and distribute it's
own vapi, so that Vala would be distributed only with platform stuff.
However, we are not living in one, so not only are many of the
distributed bindings flawed and buggy, but also almost nobody outside
cares about them. That is a fact of life I guess.