Re: [Vala] clutter-gst and gst

On 18 July 2010 12:05, Steve Salazar <eagsalazar hotmail com> wrote:

Sorry about the last post, here is the correct link:
http://gist.github.com/479975
Also, to answer the last question about trying the pipeline with gst-launch, I've tried this and it works
fine:
gst-launch filesrc location=/home/esalazar/Desktop/Rendezvous.avi ! decodebin ! ffmpegcolorspace !
xvimagesink
Which should be identical to what I'm doing.

Instead of linking decodebin to the next element, you should connect
to its `new-decoded-pad` event and link from there. See these C and
Vala examples:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-base/tree/gst/playback/test6.c
http://gitorious.org/spek/spek/blobs/bccc4997868333df89d1dc5594fcb2c88a8e28e8/src/spek-source.vala#line82

Alex