Re: [Vala] strings find

On Mon, Jul 05, 2010 at 10:05:28PM -0600, Mark wrote:
I've noticed that there appears to be no 'find' method available
within the string class.

.str() (strstr in C) method returns a pointer to the position or null
(s.str("something")-s gives you the integer position).

although in C itself it appears to be
present under ustring. We still have replace and substring methods,
however (which seems to imply that the addition of find would be
entirely possible).

.substring() does not finding, replace uses Regex (this is another possibility
for you to find a substring).

--
http://www.debian.org - The Universal Operating System