Re: [Vala] Vala-list Digest, Vol 26, Issue 8

golnaz nilieh wrote:
Thanks to all. I defined an empty constructor for Global, and called it in
main function. also I changed dataDir to a constant variable.
But a new question: Is there a way to pass the installation path to dataDir?
I use this macro in configure.ac:

AC_PREFIX_DEFAULT(/usr/local)

can i use it as a variable in a vala source file?

Yes, all you need is a small vapi file for your 'config.h', e.g.:
http://code.google.com/p/xnoise/source/browse/vapi/config.vapi

Use it with

  --pkg config --vapidir path/to/my/vapi

and access it via