[Vala] [Genie] how to default to float

I've been hitting a problem where passing float to a function which takes a
float fails because Genie is reading it as a double.  IE:

    var body = new RigidBody(null, 1.0, null)
src/windows.gs:35.36-35.38: error: Argument 2: Cannot convert from `double'
to `float'

    var body = new RigidBody(null, (float) 1.0, null)
(compiles and runs fine)

I've tried a few things from Vala, ie, [FloatingType (rank = 1)], but none
seem to work.

Is there a way to specify (for a whole source file) that float should be the
default rather than double?