Re: [Vala] How to chain up to parent constructor

In the end I did like this:

public class FooRadioToolButton : Gtk.RadioToolButton {
    public FooRadioToolButton(SList? group,
                              string stock_id,
                              Gtk.Widget? popup_contents = null
        ) {
        if (group != null)
            this.set_group(group);
        this.stock_id = stock_id;
        :
    }
    :
}

The stock_id assignment is a property assignment. I couldn't use property
assignment for the "group" property as Gtk.RadioToolButton has an
inconsistancy in the type of group for set_group(group) and for the group
property... gtk indeed has a lot of cleanup that needs to be done.

Thanks all for the help!
Dov