Re: [Vala] cname in vapigen metadata

Hi,

Gabe Gorelick-Feldman wrote:
Is there a way to use the cname CCode attribute in vapigen's metadata file?
I've tried it on a bunch of different elements (classes, methods, signals)
and it doesn't seem to work. Also, there are no instances of it being used
in the git tree for the bindings [1].
I beleive it should be the other way around, setting the Vala name in metadata. Anyway, I don't have the time to dig this right now, but see below for a possible solution.

If this isn't supported then maybe there is another way to do what I need.
I'm working on generating a binding for a library that has a namespace
collision between a signal and a method. Ideally, you would handle this by
just changing the vala name of the signal or method with vapigen's metadata
file. But vapigen actually doesn't let you do that, instead it just fails
and says there is a namespace collision. So now I have to change the name of
the signal by hand in the .gi file and then change the emitted C name in the
vapi. Is there a better way to do this?
If a method and a signal have the same name, chances are that the method is just a simpler way to emit the signal, take a look at the sources (or docs) of the library and if it's the case, use the has_emitter annotation.

HTH,
Abderrahim