Re: [Vala] Generating bindings for classes defined over multiple packages

Hi,

2010/2/8, Gabe Gorelick-Feldman <gabegorelick gmail com>:
I hope this is the right place to ask this. I'm working on generating vala
 bindings for a a set of packages. One package is the "core" package and the
 other is the gtk extension. The gtk package adds gtk-specific methods onto
 the core classes directly. The core package bindings build fine, but the gtk
 ones do not. The problem is that even though the gtk extension headers
 #include the core headers, vala-gen-introspect does not seem to realize that
 the gtk package headers are just defining new methods on top of existing
 classes from another package. Instead, it interprets the methods as
 callbacks.

 Is there any way to do this? Let me know if I'm not being clear enough.
From vala's point of view, these cannot be separate packages. The only
way I see is to pass everything to vala-gen-introspect as a single
package.

HTH,
Abderrahim