Re: [Vala] Python bindings for Vala code

Hi,

2010/2/6 rastersoft <raster rastersoft com>:
Is possible to do Python bindings for Vala classes? This is, accessing
vala classes from Python. Yes, I know that it should be as "easy" than
doing it for a GObject class, but what I mean is if there is a tutorial
or similar, and, what's more important, how to get advantage of GObject
Introspection (which, I presume, should simplify the work).
Using gobject-introspection [1], it should actually be easier than for
a C GObject class. When compiling, pass '--gir Foo-1.0.gir' to valac
(replace Foo with your namespace), it should generate a correct gir as
of vala 0.7.10. Compile it using g-ir-compiler and install both the
gir and the compiled typelib (in ${g-i-prefix}/share/gir-1.0 and
${g-i-prefix}/lib/girepository-1.0 respectively) and you should be
able to use it from gobject-introspection aware bindings generators.
You probably want PyGI [2], it works mostly ok, with the exception of
callbacks and irtual methods.

[1] http://live.gnome.org/GObjectIntrospection
[2] http://live.gnome.org/PyGI