Re: [Vala] Questions on async functions

We should try to limit the amount of GLib specific syntactic sugar.

True, especially in the light of alternative backends, such as the
forthcoming Dova.

Not
add new and totally illogical constructs, just because we are lazy to
type a single extra line, which is nowhere near being a single
possibility here. I don't think it's even the most useful one.

Yes. In cornucopia/fsogsmd (http://git.freesmartphone.org), I stick
callbacks into a processing queue that gets drained whenever the modem
has time to process the next command. Eventually the result comes in,
then the callback gets called.

:M: