Re: [Vala] Gtk.RecentFilterInfo and some interface issues.

On Thu, 16 Dec 2010, Frederik wrote:

On 12/15/2010 09:50 PM, Tom Willemsen wrote:
Yes, when you're using automatic properties (sorry I don't actually
know what you call them, but this is what they're called in C#) the
compiler will define _foo for you, you don't need to do it yourself

This is what happens, but I don't think that the programmer should be
allowed to access this implicit variable directly (in C# you can't,
afaik). So it's better not to depend on it and consider it a bug instead.
Perhaps it shouldn't use the _<variablename> convention of naming the private storage variables. Maybe it should use a numbering system (which would make the C code hideous, I'm sure, but that way it's anyone's guess what the variable name would be. Or hash it or something?

-- I'm do not work with/on/near the archlinux team.
I'm just a fan