Re: [Vala] Memory corruption&coredump on Exit in my first vala program spekle

On 29 August 2010 11:22, Niels Mayer <nielsmayer gmail com> wrote:
Anybody have any ideas on
http://code.google.com/p/spekle/wiki/EvidenceOfMemoryCorruptionOnExit
(warning contains large images,
http://spekle.googlecode.com/svn/wiki/evidence-of-memory-corruption-on-exit.txt
 for error text only).

issue: http://code.google.com/p/spekle/issues/detail?id=1

Vala programming http://spekle.googlecode.com/ (a displayless-version
of
Alexander Kojevnikov's http://www.spek-project.org/ ) I get the
following error, despite not explicitly calling free() out of my Vala
code:
[...]

You can try running spekle under valgrind [1]. After testing it on a
flac file I already see that spek_spectrogram_put_pixel() is used with
wrong arguments causing an out-of-bounds memory write.

On a side note, feel free to submit patches adding batch support to
Spek, there's even an open issue for it [2].

Cheers,
Alex

[1] http://valgrind.org/
[2] http://code.google.com/p/spek/issues/detail?id=6