Re: [Vala] Fast compile times in vala using TCC instead of GCC?

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 11:46:50PM -0700, Joseph Montanez wrote:
Im working on a netbook, so compile times are much longer and the
larger my vala code base gets the longer it takes to compile. I've
found TCC compiles 4x faster gcc. As a note -pthread needs to be
converted into -lpthread, but its still a great tool to use to quickly
compile the c code vala generates. While its great for testing but I
wouldn't compile the final product with it.

You should take a look at the --cc and --Xcc options, it seems they
might be just what you’re looking for.

Of course, you can always pass the -C option to valac, causing it to
generate C code you can then compile using whatever C compiler you want.

--
Andrea Bolognani <eof kiyuko org>