[Vala] Signals with the same name as a signal in a base type are not supported

Hi,

I have upgraded from vala 0.7.6 to 0.7.9 and now when I compile the same
code, i get this error:

Signals with the same name as a signal in a base type are not supported

The error is in GenericItem. Here is an excerpt from the code.

public interface IItem : GLib.Object {
    public abstract signal void created(bool status);
}

public class GenericItem: GLib.Object, IItem {
    public signal void created(bool status);
}

I read all the release notes between version 0.7.6 to 0.7.9 and there
were no mentions about this behavior.
Is this a bug?

Many thanks!

--