Re: [Vala] Problem with switch statment

On Sun, 2009-09-27 at 15:45 +0200, Nicolas wrote:
Hi,

I have a problem convert function from vala to genie, this is the code:

Vala code:

        switch (eb.button) {
            case 1:
                blah blah blah
            case 2:
                blah blah blah
            case 3:
                blah blah blah
}

My genie code:

        case eb.button
            when 1
                blah blah blah
            when 2
                blah blah blah
            when 3
                blah blah blah

The problem is, when i compile, i have this message:

treeview.gs:132.9-143.13: warning: unreachable code detected
treeview.gs:132.9-146.13: warning: unreachable code detected

And my real function (not blah blah blah) does not work, what's wrong ?
Does genie support the "switch" like vala ?

it works the same as vala except you dont need a break statement

EG

in vala :
        switch (eb.button) {
            case 1:
                do_something ();
                break;
            case 2:
                do_something ();
                break;
            case 3:
                do_something ();
                break;
        }

is same as Genie

        case eb.button
            when 1
                do_something ();
            when 2
                do_something ();
            when 3
                do_something ();

if you want to combine options just use comma

case eb.button
           when 1,2,3
                do_something ();

this is same as vala

     switch (eb.button) {
            case 1:
            case 2:
            case 3:
                do_something ();
                break;
    }

please use latest vala master and send me code file if problem persists

jamie