Re: [Vala] Probably a setup issue with Gee

Magnus Therning wrote:
Where should I have looked to find that info myself?

Unfortunately, this info is missing in the Gee section of the tutorial,
but you can see it here:

http://live.gnome.org/Vala/GeeSamples

I don't need a --pkg glib-2.0 when "using GLib", is that added
automatically?

Only the 'GLib' namespace and '--pkg glib-2.0' are imported by default.

Is gee-1.0 related to the pkg-config name for libgee?

Yes. It's primarily related to the .vapi file name and secondarily to
the pkg-config (.pc) name. If a corresponding pkg-config file exists its
configuration is passed to the C compiler.

Importing a namespace with 'using' is independent from packages. A
package may contain multiple namespaces. And you don't have to import
namespaces. For example, if you don't import 'Gtk' you must use the
classes with fully qualified names (e.g. 'Gtk.Button', 'Gtk.Label'
instead of 'Button', 'Label').

Best regards,

Frederik