Re: [Vala] [Async] why use .begin ?

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 20:33:44 +0200, JM wrote:
Can you also say something about

      async_function.callback

I've seen it in the dbus test, but I don't fully understand it yet.

That's a delegate, of the SourceFunc type. If you use the bare yield
statement, that is:

   yield;

The function just returns and the way to return to it is by calling the
callback. You register the callback to a source or signal (you have to wrap
it in a closure for the later) and the function will wake up from the yield
when it gets called.

(What I currently have problem with is how to disconnect a closure from
a signal.)

--
                                                 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec <bulb ucw cz>