Re: [Vala] gstreamer patch

pancake wrote:
Defining default null values where possible.

We can probably extend this behaviour in other VAPIs.

'gstreamer-*.vapi' is auto-generated like many other VAPI files for
GObject libraries. So this information should go into the '.metadata'
file. However, AFAIK there is no metadata key for default values. But it
would be useful, expecially for 'gio-2.0.metadata' I'd like to say:

g_*.cancellable default_value="null"

This would make GIO usage much more readable.

Best regards,

Frederik