Re: [Vala] Hi, Is Vala what I am looking for?

Orlando José Luque Moraira wrote:
Hello Vala fellows,

My name is Orlando, my nick is LanderTaker. I am Spanish, from Canary
Islands. I am up to the date 30 years old ;). I am mainly a C# programmer
who have programed a lot in C and C#. Also I know more languages. I have
worked in R+D software factory and now I am working in a consulting
enterprise.

I like to code (for enterprise or games), play games (computer or over a
table, common or role playing games), and in general, be lazy ;), etc.

Actually being part of open source Warbanners development:
https://warbanners.bountysource.com/

Recently I have welcome a new ferret pet called Kratos (Beware of the
ferret, buh!!!!).

This is my first email in this list.

Welcome Orlando José, welcome Kratos!

I have an idea and some interest in develop it in a certain type of open
project. Knocte, a friend of me, refered this project like something close
to my idea.

I would like to learn a bit more about Vala and test it just to decide to
help with vala or start a new project by my own.

On the other hand I would like to ask (curiosity and interest) about one
doubt I have:

Will Vala be in the future able to compile common c# projects with the
original MS library references? (using other libraries)

No, Vala is not intended to be syntax or library compatible with C#.
Although it shares a lot of syntax with C# its a language on its own.

The best starting point is the tutorial, you will spot the differences:
http://live.gnome.org/Vala/Tutorial

I'm sure you will like Vala.

Best regards,

Frederik