[Vala] Fwd: supressing warnings

Begin forwarded message:

From: pancake <pancake youterm com>
Date: September 12, 2009 10:59:34 AM GMT+02:00
To: Ildar Mulyukov <ildar users sourceforge net>
Subject: Re: [Vala] supressing warnings

This is implemented in unix since the very old times, it is called 'grep'

Dropping warnings is not a solution. They are here to *warn* us for problems we can suffer. Vala should generate correct c99 code with no warnings if the written vala code is correct.

Most of the warnings usually mean 'if you build this with another compiler it will do something different, so fix it'