Re: [Vala] supressing warnings

On 01.09.2009 19:49:10, Adam Dingle wrote:
When building any substantial Vala program, gcc outputs lots of warnings like these as it processes the C code generated by valac:
warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type
warning: passing argument 1 of ‘foo’ discards qualifiers from pointer target type

        Hi!
As a more general statement, my IMHO.
It's a great thing (that C# standard introduced) the option
-nowarn:WARNLIST
Makes the compiler ignore warnings specified in the comma-separated list WARNLIST

I'd be happy to see such an option in _any_ compiler. And Valac is the 1st in the list. I'll file a feature request for it as soon as I get a faster internet (say, at the weekend).

Best regards,
--
Ildar  Mulyukov,  free SW designer/programmer
email: ildar users sourceforge net